Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Brightlineeating day 5

Day five of bright line eating. Below are my three meals. No snacks...just coffee. 
Im feeling very good. I went for a four mile walk/hike in Black Forest this morning. I was not sure how that was going to go because I do not have the strength and energy as I did when I was eating tortillas and crackers and other four and sugar based foods. Something interesting is that my hunger is not as strong between meals and also I am starting to not feel as beaten down. I think my body is doing a great job of detoxing. In the bright line book Susan Pierce says to take each day with "bunny slippers." This really hits home for me. I have given myself a LOT more grace and love the past five days. I know what I am doing is not easy. Who can give up flour and sugar? The American diet is primarily based on flour and sugar. This applies even if you are a vegan or vegetarian. 
This is just day five though. I literally have to take this journey one day at a time.

What keeps me motivated? Well, honestly...for me to reach my goal weight is a goal I have had since 2010 when I originally started this. If I make it I might have a mental break down for a few minutes.....a MUCH deserved mental breakdown. (wink) 













0 comments: