Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Where did "finding my skinny" come from?

Where did "Finding My Skinny" come from?                                      I get corrected all the time when people hear the name of my blog or my Instagram account. 😳.             They say "you need to get healthy not skinny. " I actually completely agree with those people to a degree. 😎 and here is why!!             When I started my weight loss journey in 2010 I weighed in at 319 pounds. I couldn't shop at any of the normal clothing stores and even if I found a pair of jeans that I could squeeze 😰 into, they were REALLY uncomfortable. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. 😶                                             When I made the choice to change my life and get healthy I decided to start a weight loss blog. I didn't have any support, and I was a single mom, so a blog seemed to be the best way for me to reach out. When I was searching for a name for my blog the first thing that came to my mind was " what are my goals?" Well I knew my goals were to of course loose weight but more then that I wanted my old body back, and my old body was "skinny" 💃and fit💪. So it was only natural for me to call my blog "finding my skinny," because not only was I trying to get healthy, I was also trying to find my "skinny. " so when you see my IG name or you read my blog, please rest assure that I am doing this the healthy way, and I'll tell you something else that I have discovered.....skinny feels OH so much better then Where did "Finding My Skinny" come from?                                      I get corrected all the time when people hear the name of my blog or my Instagram account, or my facebook "like" page 😳.             They say "you need to get healthy not skinny. " 
I actually completely agree with those people to a degree. 😎 and here is why!!             
When I started my weight loss journey in 2010 I weighed in at 319 pounds. 😳 I couldn't shop at any of the normal clothing stores and even if I found a pair of jeans that I could squeeze 😰 into, they were REALLY uncomfortable. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. 😶                                             When I made the choice to change my life and get healthy I decided to start a weight loss blog. I didn't have any support and I was a single mom, so I reached out to the online world for support in the form of my blog. 
Then there was the challenge of finding a name for my blog. I had to ask myself what my goals were, and naturally My goals were to lose weight, but what I really wanted to do was find myself. I didn't want anyone else's body, I just wanted my old body back and my old body was "skinny." 💃
So I decided to call my blog "finding my skinny." 
To all those who don't agree with my choice, I assure you I have lost all this weight the healthy way. 🍒🍌
But I'll tell you something else I've discovered....skinny feels a heck of a lot better than obesity feels. 


Find me on Instagram at: Finding_my_skinny

Find me on facebook and "like" my page at: https://www.facebook.com/FindingmyskinnyBeachbody



0 comments: