Friday, September 3, 2010

I have a fat mommy to!

This week was so so busy. My weight has not changed and I have not started my exercise yet. I REALLY want the videos by "Zumba" but I just don't have the money. They are more expensive then I thought they would be when I planned on buying them a few months ago. Oh well. As of a couple days ago I have officially been eating healthy and trying to "find my skinny" for four months. That's pretty darn good.

I have to share this with you. I think you all will get a kick out of it...and after I picked my self-esteem up off the floor I was able to laugh about it as well.

As you know I work in a day care. I'm around kids all day long. They range from infants to school agers. Today, and on a particularly beautiful pre-fall day, I was holding the door open for a long line of four year olds. They all looked so cute with their short legs and poofy hair and big eyeballs. They were all very excited to be going outside to play for the first time today.

So as I said, I was holding the door open for the kiddos and I felt some little hands pulling on my shirt. I looked down to see a cute little brown haired girl calling my name and trying to get my attention. I quickly gave her my attention and asked her what she wanted. She looked looked at me while still pulling on my shirt and said:

"I have a fat mommy to!"

My face immediately went red. I looked around and saw that there were a few teachers standing there listening. Nobody said a word. I tried to laugh it off by saying... (TO A FOUR YEAR OLD MIND YOU)"I've lost fifty five pounds OK?" Certainly not my shining moment for sure. After all, it was a four year old and she was probably proud of her fat mommy and that's why she was comparing me to her. I was still embarrassed.

Anyone want to donate some Zumba work out videos to a fat momma?

10 comments:

All My Monkeys said...

Craigslist? Library? I've never checked it out before but it looks fun. Hard, but fun. Maybe when I pop out this kid I'll look further into it to. In the meantime, hope you can have fun with it.

birthmothertalks said...

Oh Wow! Kids say the funniest things. Maybe you can try the library for the videos.

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

AAAWWWW, I do, I do - but I'm broke! Ask and you shall receive, right? Last week I was thinking I needed bunk beds for the girls room, to create more space, yesterday I mentioned this to my friend Helen who said "We're getting rid of ours, if you come get it, you can have it!" WOW. Between last year and this year I've gotten (the same way) a trampoline, new shoes, a bread maker, a 40% off grill, a cd I really wanted, clothes, time, etc etc... If you really want it, and it's not against His will, don't worry. He's faithful. It's His pleasure to suss our great gifts for us :) xoxoxo

Britni said...

I have friends that attend the local YMCA for Zumba and they love it. However one of them purchased the dvds and said she wasnt as happy and didnt get as much from them. She said buying workout dvds from Walmart that are like $10 each would give you about the same amount of exercise for way less money. I also purchased the flirty girl fitness dvds and they were decently priced and decent...have you seen them? I've also searched zumba on youtube and learned some moves just to dance around my house while I accomplish things.

mak'n Changes said...

I love how you tell stories......I'm sorry that happened but at the same time its so funny. You know when Emma was little Jim was helping her out of the truck and Emma said to Jim.....Your teeth are pretty daddy....they're Lellow......Bahhh haaaaa! I still laugh at that.....now that being said I know I'm about to get all kinds of crazy comments from Obi......Help me Jesus not to yell at him......BTW I'm so proud of you and you are a HUGE motivation for me. Thank You!

Ak said...

awwww Kids in their innocence can really make you feel like crap sometimes!

Annjeri said...

Oh man! So sorry sis. Kids say the darnedest things don't they? I remember Chelsea, when you all were living in North Carolina, said to me "Auntie, I don't think your fat, and I'm not just saying that cause your my aunt". LOL Or when she used to lay on dads lap and called his stomach her "pillow". OMG. Too funny. Anyway, you are beautiful. Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

There is a site called swapmamas.com started by a single mom that lost her job and wanted to kick the horrible economy in the butt. Everything is traded and you decide what is fair between you and the person that has the product you want.
SOmething to check out. THey have everything from kids clothes to books, sports stuff.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you download a hacker version? That might be your best bet.

Katie J ♥ said...

Ebay or Libray would be my suggestion. I have a copy of it and I think I can burn a copy for you. I will try it and let you know okay?