Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving and eating...

I'm still sitting at 200 pounds. Actually this morning I weighed in at 200.4. I'm still struggling with getting started full time again with my weight loss. There are a lot of things that play into that, like my hours at work (no time to cook when you get home at six thirty) and a boyfriend (we talk every night after the boys go to bed and I used to exercise during that time).

My solution to those two things is in the works. I decided to ask for different hours at work and that would mean that instead of working four ten hour days and getting Thursdays off every week, instead I would work five days a week and extend my evening time with my boys and have more time to cook. The solution to my other problem (and I mentioned my boyfriend but it really has nothing to do with him) is that I used to exercise in the evening...and now I just need to get off my lazy butt in the morning and do my work outs then.

Loosing these last fifty pounds is going to really take planning on my part. Ive started night eating again (I wake up and have two pieces of diet bread with jelly on them and a small cup of milk). I know that I have not lost anymore weight because I'm eating to many calories. If I would just eat more healthy and balanced in the day then I would not wake up hungry and "think" I need to eat my jelly toast.

The good news is that over the past year and a half that Ive lost over 100 pounds, I think I have developed healthy eating habits and so it has kept me loosing (slowly) weight.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. If I had my way I would completely skip this holiday. I don't eat most of the food anyway and really....eating is just not something I do for pleasure anymore. I do not plan on allowing myself any special foods. I will make an exception for a little fruit salad and possibly a small bit of mashed potatoes and gravy...but that's it....no pie for me. LOL And I don't feel bad about it...truthfully...I would feel bad if I ate it and its just not worth working extra hard the next week to get the stinking pumpkin pie off my butt.

So that is where I stand right now. Still at 200 (ugggg) and still trying to find my new motivation to get the rest of the weight off.

Until next time!!

3 comments:

don'teatdogs said...

You're doing great and you acknowledge where you could be doing better. I think that is another habit we develop over time - owning up to our mistakes instead of ignoring them. I am so with you on Thanksgiving. I have never been big on the holiday. Whoopdee-do, a lot of food. And a lot of food that I couldn't care less about. My family is horrible at just accepting that I don't feel the need to "eat this" or "eat that". They will not just lay off and let me be. (I am talking about my parents and sisters....*MY* family knows how I am and it's all good.) My parents and sister are all overweight and have health problems because of it. Yet, they eat horribly. I know they will be piling their plates full of food and will put tons of pressure on me to eat everything, "Why can't you just try this???" (as my mom said/demanded a few weeks ago about her cookies at a party) BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THEM!!! They don't understand that it is NOT worth it to me. I've beaten the need for instant gratification that sweets and comfort foods give. I don't need that anymore. I NEED to be healthy and I am working very hard at it. I am on my way. I look back to when I made this change and then think, "What if I hadn't? Where would I be now?" I would be miserable and hating myself . Instead, I am happy because I can thank myself. And that feeling is soooooo worth it. :)

Find that motivation, girl!!! I am cheering you on!!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Rebekah! Missed you!!! Glad you are doing well and haven't given up. I'm going through the same thing as you - It's been a whole 2 months since I quit exercising. THAT, combined with a new crappy birth control (which I'm about to see the doctor about) has put me at an all-time high since I started to lose weight 2 years ago. Still have 40 lbs to lose, and just have lost motivation!

So, I have 2 questions: Is your new boyfriend that same guy who wants a "skinny" woman? I hope not.... Also, have to continued to use that new equipment you purchased from chuck? Or have you given up on that. Perhaps you should start Zumba again!!! Seems like you stopped exercising round about the time you made the switch. Just think about that....

Anyway, I'll be posting later. Good to catch up! God Bless xoxoxo

Miz said...

it's all so frickin hard huh?
my biggest tip would be take care of you.
focus on the pleasures that arent food and if you cant think of any (good gosh Im dreading the family stress here :)) SCHEDULE SOME (pedicure?)

xo